For cracking any competition exams, the current affairs and general knowledge are mandatory. Current Affairs is an essential part of any competitive exam, so we thought of a system that will help people in Current Affairs.
- National Technology Day is observed every year on May 11. It is observed to commemorate India’s technological advancements. The day’s theme this year is ‘ Focusing on Rebooting the economy through Science and Technology.’
- Supreme Court bench has ruled that the provisions of the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act (SARFAESI), 2002, will now be applicable to state and multi-state cooperative banks.
- The World Health Organisation and the UN Postal Agency released a commemorative stamp on May 9, 2020, to mark the 40th anniversary of the eradication of smallpox. The smallpox eradication campaign was initiated by WHO in 1967. Finally in 1980, WHO declared the eradication of smallpox from the world.
- Maharana Pratap Singh was the 13th king of Mewar (the present Rajasthan). He was born on May 9, 1540. Maharana is known for his bravery during the Battle of Haldighati, which he fought against the forces of Mughal Emperor Akbar and lost.
- International Hockey Federation (FIH) has extended the term of Narinder Batra as President of FIH until May 2021.
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) signed an agreement with the Indian government on May 8, 2020, to provide funds worth USD 500 million to support India’s “COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness Project”.
- The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on May 8, 2020, launched the ‘Pravasi Rahat Mitra’ app for the migrant workers of the state who have been returning from other states amid the lockdown.
- World Health Organization and the United Nations Postal Administration (UNPA) have released a commemorative postage stamp on the 40th anniversary of the eradication of smallpox.
- The Jharkhand state government on May 8, 2020, issued an order banning the manufacture, storage, distribution, or sale of Pan Masala containing Magnesium Carbonate in the state for a period of one year.
- The National Institute of Virology (NIV) in Pune has successfully developed India’s first indigenous antibody detection kit for novel coronavirus. Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said that the antibody test will play a significant role in surveillance for COVID-19 infection.
- Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Giriraj Singh has presented the award to the winners of “Startup India-Animal Husbandry Grand Challenge”.
- The Indian Railways has announced the gradual restart of special passenger train services from May 12, 2020. Initially, 15 pairs of trains will ply with passengers on board. Out of these, 14 trains will start from tomorrow and the 15th one will start from May 13th.
- The Finance Ministry on May 11, 2020, released Rs. 6,195 crore to 14 states to fight against the spread and the treatment of COVID-19. It is a second equated monthly installment of the Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant.
- The Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) has tied-up with Bharat Biotech International Limited to develop the indigenous COVID-19 vaccine.
- The Union Government has extended the last date for filing of nominations for the Gandhi Peace Prize 2020 till June 15, 2020. The Ministry invites nominations for the Gandhi Peace Prize every year. The last for receiving nominations for the prize for the year 2020 was April 30. However, due to COVID-induced lockdown, the date has now been extended till June 15.
- Indu Shekhar Chaturvedi (IAS) assumed charge as the new Secretary, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy on May 11, 2020. Chaturvedi is a 1987 Batch IAS officer from Jharkhand cadre. He will be succeeding in Anand Kumar, who has become the Secretary in the Ministry of Culture.
- Goa CM Pramod Sawant announced on May 11, 2020, that the state will soon develop its own Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the tourists visiting the place.
- The Madhya Pradesh Government launched “FIR Aapke Dwar Yojana” on May 11, 2020. The scheme has been launched in 23 police stations as a pilot project. Under the scheme, a person need not go to the police station to dodge a complaint. The scheme will enable spot FIR registrations. It will also deploy head constables to register the complaints from the people.
- The International Day of the Nurse was observed on May 12, 2020. This year, the day commemorated the 200th anniversary of the birth of Florence Nightingale, founder of modern nursing. The theme of the day this year is “Nursing the World to Health”.
Government Job Types
|Railway Job Alert||Police Job Alert|
|Defense Job Alert||Research Job Alert|
|Teaching Job Alert||Technical Job Alert|
|Hospitality Job Alert||Bank Job Alert|
|UPSC & PSC Job Alert||SSC Job Alert|
N.B – The above information has been collected for various newspapers or Govt websites. We are not any Recruiter Agency or we do not hold any kind of Recruitment Process. So Job Finders are requested to go to the Official website of the Government Organization for more details. We are not liable for any kind of Misunderstanding or False information given by the third party Media Agency or Website.
Recent Government Job Vacancy
- Datia Medical College Recruitment 215 Staff Nurse Vacancy March 26, 2021
- Latest Govt Job Update December 2020 January 20, 2021
- Gujarat Health Recruitment 700 Staff Nurse Vacancy January 2, 2021
- UBTER Staff Nurse Recruitment 2021 December 14, 2020
- Punjab Pre Primary Teacher Notification 2020 December 2, 2020
- Indian Air Force Recruitment 238 Vacancy November 28, 2020
- Latest Govt Job Notification December 2020 November 22, 2020
- Bihar SHSB Recruitment 500 District ASHA Trainer September 25, 2020
- NHM Rajasthan Recruitment 6310 Community Health Officer September 16, 2020
- UKHFWS Recruitment 300 Community Health Officer August 10, 2020