For cracking any competition exams, the current affairs are mandatory. Current Affairs is an essential part of any competitive exam, so we thought of a system that will help people in Current Affairs.
- The Home Ministry stated that cyclone ‘Amphan’ will likely turn into a super cyclonic storm by the evening of May 18 and will hit the coasts of Odisha and West Bengal on May 20. The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) had earlier informed that the storm has turned extremely severe over the Bay of Bengal.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announces the fifth and final tranche of the economic package to combat the impact of COVID-19 on the economy.
- Renowned Marathi theatre personality, Ratnakar Matkari passed away in Mumbai on May 17, 2020, at the age of 81 years. He had tested positive for coronavirus four days before and was undergoing treatment. Matkari had won the National Award for Best Director for his film ‘investment’ in the Regional Category section.
- Decriminalization of Companies Act violations involving minor technical and procedural defaults such as shortcomings in CSR reporting, inadequacies in Board report, filing defaults, delay in holding of AGM.
- The Madhya Pradesh authorities have decided to provide video-calling facilities and TV sets to the COVID19 patients. The initiative has been first initiated in Indore. If it is successful, the facilities will be provided in the wards of corona infected patients in all major hospitals of the state. The move is to help the patients and protect them from depression and boredom.
- Afghanistan: President Ashraf Ghani and political rival Abdullah Abdullah strike a power-sharing deal; Ghani to remain President and Abdullah to lead National Reconciliation High Council.
- General Atlantic, a US investment firm, has decided to invest around Rs 6600 crore in Jio Platforms for a 1.34% stake. This is the fourth biggest investment in Reliance Jio in the past month, after Vista Equity Partners, private equity firm Silver Lake and Facebook.
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day celebrated on May 17; theme: ‘Connect 2030: ICTs for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)’.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray took oath as a member of the Legislative Council on May 18, 2020. Along with Maharashtra CM, eight others were also sworn into the council including Council Deputy Chairperson Neelam Gorhe (Shiv Sena), four BJP candidates, two NCP candidates, and one Congress Candidate.
- A coalition of 116 nations including India has provided their support to Australia’s push for an independent inquiry into the origin of the COVID-19 virus. The European Union will be putting forward the’ Resolution on COVID 19 Response’ at the World Health Assembly. The United States and China are not signatories to the resolution but they have issued no-objection in the matter.
- Germany’s Bundesliga is the world’s first major sports competition and Europe’s first major football league to resume its season post nationwide lockdown imposed to contain coronavirus pandemic. The football league kickstarted its remaining matches of the 2019-20 season from May 16, 2020.
- The Chhattisgarh state government will launch its Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana on May 21. The day will mark the death anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. The scheme aims at stimulating the rural economy of the state which has been affected by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Government Job Types
|Railway Job Alert||Police Job Alert|
|Defense Job Alert||Research Job Alert|
|Teaching Job Alert||Technical Job Alert|
|Hospitality Job Alert||Bank Job Alert|
|UPSC & PSC Job Alert||SSC Job Alert|
N.B – The above information has been collected for various newspapers or Govt websites. We are not any Recruiter Agency or we do not hold any kind of Recruitment Process. So Job Finders are requested to go to the Official website of the Government Organization for more details. We are not liable for any kind of Misunderstanding or False information given by the third party Media Agency or Website.
Recent Government Job Vacancy
- Bihar SHSB Recruitment 500 District ASHA Trainer September 25, 2020
- NHM Rajasthan Recruitment 6310 Community Health Officer September 16, 2020
- UKHFWS Recruitment 300 Community Health Officer August 10, 2020
- OSSC Recruitment 59 Staff Nurse, Pharmacist, ANM & Various August 9, 2020
- Surat Municipal Corporation Recruitment Apply Now April 8, 2020
- OMC Recruitment 2020 Apply Online – Free Job Alert March 12, 2020
- WBHRB Recruitment 2020 – Staff Nurse Posts March 9, 2020