For cracking any competition exams, the current affairs are mandatory. Current Affairs is an essential part of any competitive exam, so we thought of a system that will help people in Current Affairs.
- Maharashtra Government has divided the state into Red and Non-Red zones, moving away from the Centre’s directive to mark the state into Red, Orange, and Green zones. The state has marked the all the municipal corporations of Mumbai Metropolitan Region, Pune, Solapur, Aurangabad, Malegaon, Nashik, Dhule, Jalgaon, Akola and Amravati as Red Zones and the rest will fall under non-red zone category.
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day is observed globally on 17th May every year.
- The central government has declared six cities as five-star garbage-free cities. The cities include Ambikapur, Rajkot, Surat, Mysore, Indore, and Navi Mumbai. Besides this, 65 cities were given 3 stars and 70 cities were rated with one star.
- Cyclone Amphan intensifies into Super Cyclonic Storm; West Bengal and Odisha coasts likely to be affected.
- Zubair Iqbal has been appointed as the managing director of Jammu and Kashmir Bank by Jammu and Kashmir Government.
- US President Donald Trump recently declared that he is taking the antimalarial drug-hydroxychloroquine to help fend off the coronavirus infection. The drug is generally prescribed for the frontline healthcare workers treating the virus. It is not a proven shield against COVID-19.
- World Hypertension Day observed on May 17; theme: “Measure Your Blood Pressure, Control It, Live Longer”.
- Benjamin Netanyahu-led government was sworn into office in Israel on May 17, 2020, ending almost a year and half of divisive politics that saw three deadlocked elections. Benny Gantz, Netanyahu’s rival-turned partner, took his oath of office as the alternate prime minister and future prime minister.
- According to a report, Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos could potentially become the world’s first trillionaire by 2026. The study was done, by Comparison, a company that helps organizations compare different business products stated that the net worth of Bezos has grown by 34 percent on average over the last five years.
- National Restaurants Association of India (NRAI) has partnered with fintech start-up DotPe to build its own tech platform & enable them with online payments for digital ordering, bill settlements, and contactless dining.
- The United Kingdom on May 19, 2020, unveiled a new post-Brexit tariff regime to replace the European Union’s external tariff. The UK Global Tariff (UKGT) will continue a 10% tariff on cars but will cut levies on many supply chain imports.
- General Atlantic, a US investment firm, has decided to invest around Rs 6600 crore in Jio Platforms for a 1.34% stake. This deal will take the total investment in Jio Platforms to a combined total of ₹67,194.75 crores from the four investments.
- International Museum Day is celebrated every year on 18 May to raise awareness about the importance of Museums which are an important means of cultural exchange, enrichment of cultures, and development of mutual understanding.
- The United States has condemned Taiwan’s exclusion from the World Health Assembly. The US Secretary of State, Michael R Pompeo accused WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus of choosing not to invite Taiwan under pressure from the People’s Republic of China in a press statement issued on May 18, 2020.
Government Job Types
|Railway Job Alert||Police Job Alert|
|Defense Job Alert||Research Job Alert|
|Teaching Job Alert||Technical Job Alert|
|Hospitality Job Alert||Bank Job Alert|
|UPSC & PSC Job Alert||SSC Job Alert|
N.B – The above information has been collected for various newspapers or Govt websites. We are not any Recruiter Agency or we do not hold any kind of Recruitment Process. So Job Finders are requested to go to the Official website of the Government Organization for more details. We are not liable for any kind of Misunderstanding or False information given by the third party Media Agency or Website.
Recent Government Job Vacancy
- Surat Municipal Corporation Recruitment Apply Now April 8, 2020
- OMC Recruitment 2020 Apply Online – Free Job Alert March 12, 2020
- WBHRB Recruitment 2020 – Staff Nurse Posts March 9, 2020