For cracking any competition exams, the current affairs are mandatory. Current Affairs is an essential part of any competitive exam, so we thought of a system that will help people in Current Affairs.
24th May 2020
- Odisha govt. allows home delivery of liquor; introduces 50% ‘COVID Fee’ on all types of foreign liquor and beer.
- “Hunar Haat” for artisans and craftsmen to resume from September 2020 with the theme of “Local to Global”: Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
- Indian economist Abhas Jha World Bank’s Practice Manager for Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management for South Asia.
- World Turtle Day celebrated on May 23.
- World Metrology Day celebrated on May 20; theme: ‘Measurements for global trade’.
23rd May 2020
- The United Nations celebrates International Day for Biological Diversity on 22 May every year to raise awareness about the issue of significant reduction in biological diversity due to certain human activities.
- 7 services hosted on http://mausam.imd.gov.in web site of IMD onboarded to government’s UMANG Application. 7 services are: Current Weather, Nowcast, City Forecast, Rainfall Information, Tourism Forecast, Warnings & Cyclone.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed by NTPC Limited, and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) to set up a Joint Venture Company for Renewable Energy business.
- Over 2 lakhs medical, engineering aspirants downloaded National Test Abyaas App within 72 hours of launch by HRD Ministry’s National Testing Agency (NTA).
- IGNOU’s Online Master’s Programme in Hindi has been launched by the Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ via Facebook Live session.
- Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), headed by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das cuts benchmark lending rate by 40 basis points. Following the 0.4% reduction, the repo rate has come down to 4% and the reverse repo rate has been cut to 3.35% from 3.75%. Six-member MPC voted 5:1 in favour of 40 bps cut in interest rate.
- UNICEF and Airtel Africa has partnered to support children & families affected by COVID-19.
- Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan takes charge as the Chairman of the 34-member WHO Executive Board.
- A scheme has been launched by the central government for complete solarization of Konark Sun Temple and Konark town in Odisha.
- Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Airbus A320 plane coming from Lahore with 107 people on board crashes near Jinnah International Airport in Karachi.
- International Day for Biological Diversity celebrated on May 22; theme: ‘Our solutions are in nature’.
22nd May 2020
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Rs 2 lakh as compensation to the next of kin of those who have lost their lives during his visit to West Bengal to assess the damage caused by Cyclone Amphan.
- SCTIMST, Trivandrum announced commercial launch of Agappe Chitra Magna, a magnetic nanoparticle-based RNA extraction kit for use during testing for detection of COVID-19. The kit was developed Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum along with Cochin-based Agappe Diagnostics Ltd.
- Former world no. 1 and four-time Grand Slam singles champion, Ashley Cooper passed away recently at the age of 83 after a prolonged illness. Cooper had won three of the four majors -the Australian Open, Wimbledon and US championships in 1958. His only loss in the Grand Slams that year was in the semifinals at the French Open.
- World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development observed by the UN on May 21.
- World Bank Group has appointed Carmen Reinhart as its new Vice President and Chief Economist.
- Karnataka has allowed inter-state travel amid the fourth phase of nationwide COVID-19 lockdown. Now, the inter-state travel pass will not be required to go out of Karnataka if the individual has the consent of the receiving state.
- New York-based private equity firm KKR has decided to invest Rs 11367 crore or USD 1.5 billion in Jio Platforms for a stake of 2.32%. The deal will be finalised after it gets all the regulatory and customary approvals. This is fifth such investment in Reliance Jio followed by Facebook, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners and General Atlantic.
- International Tea Day observed by the UN on May 21.
- “Didi Vehicle Service” has been launched by the women of Rural Livelihood Mission in the tribal-dominated Jhabua district of Madhya Pradesh.
- US President Donald Trump announced on May 21, 2020 that he plans to withdraw the United States from Open Skies Treaty with Russia. The 18-year-old treaty was signed to improve military transparency and confidence between the two superpowers.
- Two Indian Powerlifters namely Savita Kumari & Ankit Shishodia have been provisionally suspended by the National Anti Doping Agency (NADA) for violating the anti-doping rules.
- The Treaty of Open Skies was signed on January 1, 2002. The treaty has 35 signatories including Russia, the US, the UK, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece. The treaty allows unarmed aerial surveillance flights over the entire territory of the participating countries.
- “Mee Annapurna” initiative has been launched in Maharashtra by an IRDA licensed insurance intermediary “Integrated Risk Insurance”.
- The Treaty of Open Skies was signed on January 1, 2002. The treaty has 35 signatories including Russia, the US, the UK, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece. Kyrgyzstan is the only nation that has signed the Open Skies Treaty but not ratified it.
- The International Day for Biological Diversity was observed across the world on May 22, 2020. The day’s theme this year is “Our solutions are in nature”. The day is observed to increase awareness and understanding among people regarding biodiversity issues.
Government Job Types
|Railway Job Alert||Police Job Alert|
|Defense Job Alert||Research Job Alert|
|Teaching Job Alert||Technical Job Alert|
|Hospitality Job Alert||Bank Job Alert|
|UPSC & PSC Job Alert||SSC Job Alert|
N.B – The above information has been collected for various newspapers or Govt websites. We are not any Recruiter Agency or we do not hold any kind of Recruitment Process. So Job Finders are requested to go to the Official website of the Government Organization for more details. We are not liable for any kind of Misunderstanding or False information given by the third party Media Agency or Website.
Recent Government Job Vacancy
- Datia Medical College Recruitment 215 Staff Nurse Vacancy March 26, 2021
- Latest Govt Job Update December 2020 January 20, 2021
- Gujarat Health Recruitment 700 Staff Nurse Vacancy January 2, 2021
- UBTER Staff Nurse Recruitment 2021 December 14, 2020
- Punjab Pre Primary Teacher Notification 2020 December 2, 2020
- Indian Air Force Recruitment 238 Vacancy November 28, 2020
- Latest Govt Job Notification December 2020 November 22, 2020
- Bihar SHSB Recruitment 500 District ASHA Trainer September 25, 2020
- NHM Rajasthan Recruitment 6310 Community Health Officer September 16, 2020
- UKHFWS Recruitment 300 Community Health Officer August 10, 2020