For cracking any competition exams, the current affairs and general knowledge are mandatory. Current Affairs is an essential part of any competitive exam, so we thought of a system that will help people in Current Affairs.
- The Maharashtra legislative council elections will be conducted on May 21, 2020. The dates were announced after approval from the Election Commission of India. Maharashtra Governor BS Koshyari had requested the Election Commission earlier on April 30 to announce the election date for the nine vacant seats in Maharashtra’s Legislative Council.
- Moody’s Investors Service has slashed India’s GDP growth forecast for the calendar year 2020 from 2.5% to 0.2%.
- Asian Paints, India’s largest paint maker, announced on May 1, 2020, that it will start making hand and surface sanitizers under Viroprotek brand. The sanitizers will be made available in the market from next week onwards.
- DRDO’s Defence Institute of Advanced Technology DIAT), Pune develops microwave sterilizer ‘ATULYA’ to disintegrate COVID-19.
- Neeraj Vyas has been appointed as the interim Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of PNB Housing Finance Ltd.
- Ajay Tirkey has assumed charge as the Secretary in the Ministry of Women and Child Development. He is a 1987 batch IAS officer from Madhya Pradesh cadre. He succeeds in Rabindra Panwar who retired on April 30, 2020.
- SNBNCBS (S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences), Kolkata develops nanomedicine to alter oxidative stress for better immune power to treat viral infections including COVID-19.
- The Government of India has appointed T.S. Tirumurti as the next Ambassador of Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations.
- Tarun Bajaj has assumed charge as the new Economic Affairs Secretary on May 1, 2020. He has assumed charge at a time when the economy is under severe stress due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. He has succeeded Atanu Chakraborty, who retired on April 30, 2020.
- The Asian Development Bank has approved a USD 346 million loan to Maharashtra state government to provide reliable power connections in the state’s rural areas.
- Ross Taylor was awarded the prestigious Sir Richard Hadlee Medal during the 2020 New Zealand Cricket Awards on May 1, 2020. The awards were conferred in a virtual ceremony. This is the third time that Taylor is being honored with New Zealand cricket’s top awards in the last 10 years.
- All districts of Delhi have been identified as red zones, which means that largely the current restrictions will continue to remain even after May 3, 2020.
- New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson was named the men’s ODI player of the Year. Williamson also had a hugely successful year, as he scored a total of 578 runs at an average of 82 including two centuries during the ICC World Cup 2019, in which he was named player of the tournament.
- ICC bans Deepak Agarwal from all cricket for a period of 2 years after he accepted one charge of breaching the ICC Anti-Corruption Code. He was one of the team owners of the Sindhi’s franchise in the 2018 T10 Cricket League.
Government Job Types
|Railway Job Alert||Police Job Alert|
|Defense Job Alert||Research Job Alert|
|Teaching Job Alert||Technical Job Alert|
|Hospitality Job Alert||Bank Job Alert|
|UPSC & PSC Job Alert||SSC Job Alert|
N.B – The above information has been collected for various newspapers or Govt websites. We are not any Recruiter Agency or we do not hold any kind of Recruitment Process. So Job Finders are requested to go to the Official website of the Government Organization for more details. We are not liable for any kind of Misunderstanding or False information given by the third party Media Agency or Website.
Recent Job Update
[catlist id=30 data_modified=yes data_class=”1cp_data” orderby=modified]