For cracking any competition exams, the current affairs and general knowledge are mandatory. Current Affairs is an essential part of any competitive exam, so we thought of a system that will help people in Current Affairs.
- The national program “VidyaDaan 2.0” has been re-launched by the Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ to invite e-learning content contributions.
- Manipur observed the ‘Khongjom Day’ on April 23, 2020. The day is observed to pay tribute to the warriors who fought in the 1891 Anglo-Manipur war, which was an armed conflict between the Kingdom of Manipur and the British Government. The war took place between March 31 and April 27 and ended with the victory of the Britishers.
- World Book and Copyright Day celebrated by UNSECO on April 23; Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) named World Book Capital for 2020.
- The English Language Day is celebrated on April 23, 2020. English Language Day was established by the UN’s Department of Public Information in 2010. The day aims to celebrate multilingualism and cultural diversity. The date April 23 is traditionally observed as both the birthday and date of death of William Shakespeare.
- Scientists from International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials have developed an advanced tool “NanoBlitz 3D” in collaboration with Nanomechanics Inc., USA.
- China named its first Mars exploration mission as ‘Tianwen-1’ on April 24, 2020, the day it marked the 50th anniversary of the launch of its first-ever satellite ‘Dong Fang Hong-1’ in 1970. Tianwen-1 means heavenly questions or questions to heaven.
- International Girls in ICT (Information & Communications Technology) Day celebrated on April 23 (fourth Thursday of April).
- The National Panchayati Raj Day 2020 was observed on April 24, 2020. The observance marks the day the 73rd Amendment of the Indian Constitution came into effect. The amendment had given constitutional status to the Panchayati Raj institutions.
- A new permanent bridge has been constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) to link Kasowal enclave in Punjab with the rest of India.
- A professor from IIT-Roorkee has developed software that can reportedly detect COVID-19 within 5 seconds through an X-ray scan. The software can help in an accurate preliminary screening of suspected COVID-19 patients. The technology awaits official approval from ICMR.
- English Language Day, Spanish Language Day celebrated by the UN on April 23.
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT-Delhi) has developed a mobile app named ‘WashKaro’ to warn the people about a coronavirus containment zone nearby.
- Sri Lanka is seeking to enter into a currency swap agreement worth USD 400 million with the Reserve Bank of India to boost the foreign reserves and ensure the financial stability of the country which is badly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Chairman of the International Cricket Council, Shashank Manohar, who is expected to step down in June, might get a few months’ term extension. Manohar’s term was expected to end in June.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Swamitva Scheme on April 24, 2020, during his video conference with all the gram panchayat sarpanch.
Government Job Types
|Railway Job Alert||Police Job Alert|
|Defense Job Alert||Research Job Alert|
|Teaching Job Alert||Technical Job Alert|
|Hospitality Job Alert||Bank Job Alert|
|UPSC & PSC Job Alert||SSC Job Alert|
N.B – The above information has been collected for various newspapers or Govt websites. We are not any Recruiter Agency or we do not hold any kind of Recruitment Process. So Job Finders are requested to go to the Official website of the Government Organization for more details. We are not liable for any kind of Misunderstanding or False information given by the third party Media Agency or Website.