Current Affairs – 29th April 2020

For cracking any competition exams, the current affairs and general knowledge are mandatory. Current Affairs is an essential part of any competitive exam, so we thought of a system that will help people in Current Affairs.


  • Renowned Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan passed away at Kokilaben Hospital in Mumbai on April 29, 2020. The actor was reportedly battling rare cancer. He was one of India’s most prominent faces in the West. He had acted in Hollywood films including the A Mighty Heart, Amazing Spider-Man, Jurassic World, Life of Pi, and Inferno.
  •  The 11th session of “Petersberg Climate Dialogue” was conducted on April 28, 2020. The dialogue was hosted by Germany and co-chaired by the United Kingdom. Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate change Prakash Javadekar attended the virtual conference on behalf of India.
  •  The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has permitted the Common Service Centres that operate as banking correspondents (BCs), to provide Aadhaar update facility.
  •  Former Andhra Bank MD & CEO Suresh N. Patel appointed as the vigilance commissioner in Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) for a tenure up to December 2022. The tenure of vigilance commissioner is of four years or till the incumbent attains the age of 65 years.
  •  In its latest report, credit rating agency India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) has slashed India’s Fiscal Year 2021 gross domestic product (GDP) growth to 1.9%.
  •  Axis Bank to increase its stake in Max Life Insurance to 30%, remaining 70% to be held by Max Financial Services in the joint venture.
  •  Nokia and Bharti Airtel have signed a deal of about $1 billion in-order to enhance the network capacity of Bharti Airtel.
  •  Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh announced the extension of curfew in the state on April 29, 2020, for two more weeks till May 17, 2020. The state has allowed the limited lifting of restrictions in non-containment zones between 7-11 am.
  •  A special borrowing scheme has been launched by the Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) for self-help groups (SHGs) to help them to overcome the difficulties posed by COVID-19.
  •  The Kerala Government on April 29, 2020, decided to issue an ordinance allowing it to cut salaries of its employees to mobilize funds for the state to tackle the COVID-19 crisis.
  •  The BRICS nations have agreed to allocate $ 15 billion to the New Development Bank (NDB) so that it could set up a special loan instrument to support the revival of economies and help meet the emergency expenses incurred for responding to the coronavirus pandemic.
  •  Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate change Prakash Javadekar attended the 11th session of “Petersberg Climate Dialogue” on behalf of India on April 28, 2020. The dialogue was hosted by Germany and co-chaired by the United Kingdom.
  •  India has lost the hosting rights of the 2021 Men’s World Boxing Championship after the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) failed to pay the hosting fee to International Boxing Association (AIBA).
  •  Russia, the current chair of BRICS, chaired the BRICS Foreign Ministers’ video conference on April 28, 2020. Russian Foreign Affairs Minister Sergey Lavrov hosted the meeting, which was held to discuss the COVID-19 crisis, its impact on international relations, and the response of the BRICS nations.


vacanvcyjob | Free Job Alert

Government Job Types

Railway Job Alert Police Job Alert
Defense Job Alert Research Job Alert
Teaching Job Alert Technical Job Alert
Hospitality Job Alert Bank Job Alert
UPSC & PSC Job Alert SSC Job Alert


N.B – The above information has been collected for various newspapers or Govt websites. We are not any Recruiter Agency or we do not hold any kind of Recruitment Process. So Job Finders are requested to go to the Official website of the Government Organization for more details. We are not liable for any kind of Misunderstanding or False information given by the third party Media Agency or Website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *