For cracking any competition exams, the current affairs and general knowledge are mandatory. Current Affairs is an essential part of any competitive exam, so we thought of a system that will help people in Current Affairs.
- Chandigarh government has launched a new mobile app named “CHDCOVID” to provide COVID-19 related information. The app has been developed in-house by the Society for Promotion of IT in Chandigarh (SPIC).
- Bollywood actress Dia Mirza’s term as UNEP Goodwill Ambassador has been extended till 2022. Mirza is also a United Nations Sustainability Development Goals Advocate.
- Himachal Pradesh state government plans to launch a new program ‘Nigah’. In this program, the state government educates the family members of the people coming to the state from other parts of the country.
- Iranian lawmakers voted on May 4, 2020, to change Iran’s national currency from ‘rial’ to ‘toman’. Under the amended law, the existing currency of Iran will continue to remain valid alongside “toman” for two years, during which the old coins and bills will be gradually collected to replace them with new ones.
- Economic Affairs Secretary, Tarun Bajaj becomes a new director on the Central Board of the Reserve Bank of India(RBI). His appointment is confirmed by the Government of India.
- The State Bank of India, which is the country’s largest lender, has increased its home loan rates linked to repo rate up to 30 basis points amid market indications of rising credit risk amid coronavirus pandemic.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan launches the ‘AYUSH Sanjivani’ App and inter-disciplinary studies on the potential of AYUSH in the prevention of COVID 19.
- Vesak Day 2020 is observed globally on 7 May. Vesak, the Day of Full Moon is the most sacred day to the Buddhists all over the world. On this day, Lord Gautham Buddha attained enlightenment. The Day is commemorated by the United Nations every year.
- Vista Equity Partners, a US-based firm will soon invest Rs 11,367 crore into Reliance Jio Platforms for a 2.32 percent stake. This will make Vista the largest investor in Jio Platforms, only behind Reliance Industries and Facebook.
- The United Nations marks the Time of Remembrance and reconciliation for those who lost their lives during the Second World War every year on May 8-9. The day tribute to all the victims of the Second World War. This is also marked as the historic event, as it paved the way for the establishment of the United Nations.
- The book titled ‘Vijyant at Kargil: The Life of a Kargil Hero’ has been released. This book is a biography of Vir Chakra awardee (posthumously) Captain Vijyant Thapar. This book is authored by Vijyant’s father Colonel VN Thapar.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has suspended most of its labor laws for three years to attract investment and help both existing and new industrial units.
- The Telangana government has issued an order imposing a fine worth Rs 1000 for not wearing masks in public places. The order has been passed to prevent transmission of COVID-19.
- The World Thalassemia Day is observed on May 8. The day aims to create awareness about Thalassemia and avoid the disease from transmitting to other people.
Government Job Types
|Railway Job Alert||Police Job Alert|
|Defense Job Alert||Research Job Alert|
|Teaching Job Alert||Technical Job Alert|
|Hospitality Job Alert||Bank Job Alert|
|UPSC & PSC Job Alert||SSC Job Alert|
N.B – The above information has been collected for various newspapers or Govt websites. We are not any Recruiter Agency or we do not hold any kind of Recruitment Process. So Job Finders are requested to go to the Official website of the Government Organization for more details. We are not liable for any kind of Misunderstanding or False information given by the third party Media Agency or Website.
Recent Government Job Vacancy
- Surat Municipal Corporation Recruitment Apply Now April 8, 2020
- OMC Recruitment 2020 Apply Online – Free Job Alert March 12, 2020
- WBHRB Recruitment 2020 – Staff Nurse Posts March 9, 2020